Random & Incoherent
Friday, October 07, 2005
  "War of the Worlds" - - A review by Trey Raley
I went to this movie having some reservations, because I know that when the Hollywood think tank runs dry, they like to take movies that were really good thirty years ago and screw them up. But if I was going to give someone the benefit of the doubt, it would have to be Steven Spielberg. “Back to the Future” made a believer out of me. So me and my girlfriend went to check out the latest big budget atrocity of a classic film.

I have to say that I actually really enjoyed this version. The reason I know it was good is because typically when I go to see a movie I have to get up and go to the bathroom once or twice during the showing, but this movie caused me to wet myself so many times I didn’t miss a scene. I have to admit that in this case, Spielberg got it right. It truly had me on the edge of my seat the entire movie. But even though this movie had me sweating profusely (which is a small step up from my usual sweating immensely) I began to realize that I hate these alien movies.

First of all, you can tell that Hollywood is filled with liberal
sissies because every movie has some weak soft spoken President who wants to find out the nature of the visitors trip to Earth. The stupid Prez tries to communicate with the aliens and before he can say “What’s up?” New York City is destroyed. How come there is never a President that just says, “Let’s go ahead and nuke ‘em and we’ll sort out the details later.” It always has to be some jerk Secretary of Defense to make that recommendation and the President will say something clever like, “I‘m not going to risk thousands of lives.” So instead he allows all these fierce looking battle ships to hover over our major cities. Good thinking President Clueless. Thanks for looking out for us.

Also, why do aliens always have to be hostile? Why can’t the aliens come to Earth in a Volkswagon van covered in flowers? Armed only with a keg, a bong, and a bucket of strippers? They invaded Earth because they thought it would be the perfect habitat to throw a non-stop seventies disco party. Maybe the aliens are coming to try to score with some hot Earthling chicks the way American dudes do when they go to Europe. They go back to their boys on planet Otnock with some crazy sex story. I can see the conversation.

Alien 1: “Gleep glop gloop.” Translation: “Dude I totally hooked up with this Earth chick.”

Alien 2: “Click pop chang!” Translation: “Dude, you are the man. How was it?”

Alien1: “Ping pang poo.” Translation: “It was awesome. Apparently females from that part of the galaxy are much more in touch with their sexuality. Her name was Paris Hilton.”

Alien 2: “Beep boop bong.” Translation: “Dude even I know she is a slut and I’ve never even been to that planet.”

But the other thing that irritates me about these movies is that the aliens are always so much more technologically advanced than we are. Why can’t the aliens ever underestimate our powers? I could see them entering our atmosphere in their paper machee ships, attacking the US military armed with rolled up newspapers, shielding themselves with saran wrap. The aliens put up a valiant effort stretching the intergalactic war to twenty minutes. It might not be a great movie, but at least it won’t make me paranoid that every time there is a thunderstorm we are being exterminated by ET.

Back to the movie at hand. I recommend that you see the film. It was really fun to watch. Grab a bag of popcorn, a heart monitor, and some Depends and enjoy it.

Rating: Did not suck
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
A Division of Mellanman Productions

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina, United States

Kevin O'Mellan (Whittington Appraisals): Appraiser in Salisbury, Rowan County, North Carolina



    Powered by FeedBlitz

ARCHIVES
October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / January 2009 / March 2009 / April 2009 / September 2009 / October 2009 / December 2009 / January 2010 / April 2010 / May 2010 / June 2010 / August 2010 / October 2010 / November 2010 / December 2010 / January 2011 / February 2011 / March 2011 / May 2011 /


Powered by Blogger

Site 
Meter

Disclaimer
Fair Use Notice: This site includes excerpts from and links to copyrighted media which have not been pre-authorized by their respective owners. U.S. copyright law allows for the "Fair Use" of copyrighted materials for the purposes of criticism, parody, and education. As specified in U.S. Code Title 17, Section 107, the material on this site is not distributed for profit.